|Duration: 3.5 hours|
|Age: 6 years +|
|Skill Level: Easy (Beginners)|
|Food: Light Snacks and Refreshments Included|
|Location: Icacos Puerto Rico|
|Launch Site: Puerto Chico Marina|
|Open: Monday – Sunday|
|Activity: Snorkeling in Puerto Rico|
|Activity: Mini Boat Tour|
|Transportation: Optional service available!|
USD pp 3 persons per boat
Mini Boat Tour Details
Mini Boat Tour
- Your own 13’ Mini Boat with 40hp Four Stroke Motor*.
- Cooler with ice, water, and granola bars.
- USCG-approved life jacket.
- Mini Boating basic training.
- Guided excursion.
- Premium quality snorkeling gear*.
- Snorkeling in Puerto Rico basic instruction.
- One guided interpretive snorkeling in Puerto Rico sessions.
- First aid and marine rescue.
*All our equipment is beginner-friendly.
Mini Boat Tour
CHECK-IN & LAUNCH SITE
- 3.5 hours
MORNING TOUR SCHEDULE
- Check-in Time: 8:30 AM
- Adventure begins: 9:00 AM
AFTERNOON TOUR SCHEDULE
- Check-in Time: 1:00 PM
- Adventure begins: 1:30 PM
Mini Boat Tour
WELCOME ABOARD, CAPTAIN!
Your Island-Cruise & Snorkel Mini Boat Tour begins at Puerto Chico Marina. Upon arrival, follow our signs until our check-in. Our guides will explain all you need to know. They will go over safety rules and the excursion route. When all our adventurers are ready, it’s time to board your Mini Boats! Our guides will cover boating basics before departure.
START YOUR ENGINES!
The fun begins as we clear Puerto Chico Marina. We will head north along the bluffs of the Las Cabezas Nature Reserve. As we cross the Fajardo Sound, El Yunque Rainforest rises in the background. The mangrove-lined coast frames Fajardo’s 130 years old Spanish lighthouse. This is the landscape that the Spanish conquerors first saw of Puerto Rico!
Icacos Sightseeing and Snorkeling!
The Mini Boat Snorkel Adventure begins on the docks of the “blue-flag” Marina Puerto Chico in the town of Fajardo, where your Certified Guides await you. Each “Captain” and crew will receive complete pre-ride instructions and safety orientation before boarding their fully equipped Mini Boats.
The fun begins as we clear the breakwater of the Marina, heading North along the tropical coastline of “Las Cabezas de San Juan Nature Reserve”. Along the way, enjoy the views of the impressive El Conquistador Hotel, the towering “El Yunque” Rainforest in the background, and Fajardo’s 130-year-old Spanish lighthouse.
After an exhilarating 30-minute cruise, we arrived at our first destination. Your Guides will gather the Mini Boat convoy on a mooring close to the shallow reef, and jump in the water with you to explore the beautiful underwater grounds. Swim among different schools of tropical fish such as snappers, blue tangs, sergeant majors, parrotfish, and much more! Your guide will interpret the reef ecosystem for you and teach loads of cool and interesting facts. After the 45-minute snorkel, hop back on your Mini Boat, enjoy snacks and refreshments from your personal iced cooler, and take in all the amazing scenery.
Afterward, we move closer to the uninhabited white sand Cay of Icacos, for simple fun in the sun, laid-back interpretation and some time to relax or explore the beautiful beach. The dazzling cay is part of a small group of islands forming “La Cordillera Nature Reserve”. Icacos’ white sand and turquoise water make it a true gem paradise!
Lastly, we will set course again along the Island chain speeding up our mini boats and experiencing all the mesmerizing shades of blue, impressive rocky formations, the reserves fauna and fascinating historical sights. Concluding our time, we put the pedal to the metal on our speedy mini boats as we made our way back to home port, on one last fun-filled ride!
BACK TO HOME BASE
The group will board their Mini Boats again for the journey back to the marina. Enjoy your Mini Boat in the vastness of the Fajardo Sound. By this time, you may have become addicted to your Mini Boat!
*Note: KPR has a strict safety-first policy. Our guides will take you where weather conditions are best for the day. We will notify you if we need to make changes due to weather conditions.
Mini Boat Tour
WHAT TO BRING
- Mask (will get wet – we recommend cloth or bringing an extra)
- Cell phone (in the event that we need to contact you or you need to contact us prior to the excursion)
- Bathing suit (already have on)
- Protection from the sun – hat, sunglasses, long sleeve shirt or rash guard, biodegradable sunblock, etc.
- Towel and change of clothes for after the excursion
- Shoes that can get wet (flip flops or water shoes are fine)
- Camera (recommended only if waterproof)
- If you would like to take your cell phone on the excursion for photos, make sure it is waterproof or bring a ziplock bag to store it in.
- DO NOT BRING ANY VALUABLES OR ITEMS THAT CANNOT GET WET – lost items are very hard to find in the water, and anything you take with you will get wet!
- NOTE: Restrooms and Showers are available at the marina before and after the excursion.
MINIMUM PARTICIPATION RESTRICTIONS
The Mini Boat Tour only requires a minimum of 1 boat to go out.
- Our Mini Boats are small vessels that, when sailing in the open sea, can experience a strong swell with choppy and/or bumpy rides, even under ideal weather conditions.
- The snorkeling experience takes place in the open sea; keep in mind that to enter the Mini Boat, guests will use their upper body to pull themselves out of the water.
HEALTH & AGE RESTRICTIONS
- Maximum Weight Limit: 300 lbs per person | 650 lbs per boat
- Minimum Age: 6 years old | Participants Ages 6-17 must be accompanied by an adult on the same boat.
- The following guests cannot participate:
• Pregnant women
• Guests with recent surgeries
• Guests with neck, back, arm or leg problems or casts
• Guests who have epilepsy, heart conditions and/or dizziness
- Other important notes:
• We cannot exceed 3 participants per boat (within the weight limit)
• All guests must be able to communicate in English or Spanish.
• Guests that show signs of intoxication by Drugs or Alcohol will not be allowed to participate.
• You are responsible for sharing the information throughout this email with the rest of your group and for notifying us ahead of time with any concerns about your health or physical condition for the excursion.
Mini Boat Tour
PRIVATE CAMERA SAFETY MEASURES
- Bring waterproof or protected cameras only.
- Use a bright floating attachment.
- Do not put at risk big SLR cameras and non-waterproof cameras.
Mini Boat Tour
Recommendations we have for you to arrive to Marina Puerto Chico
SELF DRIVE/RENTAL CAR
If you have a rental car, drive to our location using the link below (also provided in your confirmation email). Take your time to enjoy the drive and explore more of Puerto Rico! Ask the crew for recommendations of places to eat and things to do after the tour.
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/t2QCNH4t9dL2rKxRA
UBER OR TAXI SERVICES
Great option for those not interested in renting a car.
Download the Uber App or visit www.uber.com
Contact the providers below for rates and availability:
- Lets Go Puerto Rico – (787) 639-5831
- Anthony Reyes – (787) 478-0806
- Luis Taxi Services – (787) 448-7967