|Duration: 2hrs 15 mins approx|
|Age: 6 years +|
|Skill Level: Moderate Kayaking|
|Food: Seasonal fruits, water and cookies.|
|Location: Culebra Island, Puerto Rico|
|Launch Site: Ceiba Ferry Terminal|
|Open: Monday – Saturday|
|Activity: Snorkeling in Culebra|
|Activity: Culebra Day Trip|
|Transportation: Optional service available for Full Day tour only|
USD per person
AQUAFARI CULEBRA 1/2 DAY TRIP DETAILS
MORNING KAYAKING CULEBRA SNORKELING TOUR
For guests already staying in Culebra only. This excursion includes:
- Kayak and paddles
- Premium quality snorkeling gear
- US Coast Guard approved life vest
- Kayaking excursion through the Luis Peña Channel Nature Reserve
- Two snorkeling sessions (chance to swim with sea turtles!)
- Snacks: Water, fresh fruits, granola bars and other treats
- Fully-guided service
Tour Duration: 2.5 hours
MORNING KAYAKING CULEBRA SNORKELING TOUR:
Guests already staying in Culebra Island only.
- Meet with your Tour Guide at Tamarindo Beach.
- We do not provide transportation services for this tour.
GUESTS STAYING IN CULEBRA: MEETING POINT
Guests staying in Culebra can join our Morning excursions. For these excursions, we meet at Tamarindo Beach at 7:30 AM for the Morning session. We do not have transportation service available for these excursions. You must arrange your own transportation and be at Tamarindo Beach at check-in time.
KAYAKING IN PARADISE
Tamarindo Beach is located on the west coast of Culebra. Upon arrival, our eco guides will give you complete pre-ride instructions. Our Aquafari begins with a kayaking excursion through the calm waters of the Luis Peña channel. This is one of the most important marine reserves in Puerto Rico. It has the highest coral cover in the island. Plus, it is the feeding ground of sea turtles! This stunning marine reserve is full of life. Enjoy the breathtaking views along the way: inside and outside of the water!
THE BEST SNORKELING IN CULEBRA
Get ready to explore the underwater marine reserve. Put on your premium-quality snorkeling gear. Jump off your kayak and dive into the vibrant waters of Culebra. Your eco guides will lead the way. Swim among schools of colorful tropical fish and coral formations. Get ready to spot green sea turtles and hawksbill turtles. There is no other place in Puerto Rico where you can enjoy this experience!
WAIT, WE ARE JUST STARTING!
Our kayaking excursion continues along the reserve’s craggy shoreline. Watch the coral gardens and the fish below. We will take a relaxing break, complemented by light snacks and cold refreshments. Enjoy the beach’s clear blue water. Our eco guides will share Culebra’s peculiar history and the feeling of the island’s untouched ecosystems. A second snorkeling session follows at a great coral reef near the beach.
WHAT TO BRING
- One comfortable bag or backpack
- Water shoes
- Sun Protection (i.e. biodegradable sunblock, hat, sunglasses, long sleeve shirt, rashguard, etc.)
- Your medicines, if you have a particular condition only
- Camera (waterproof or protected)
DO NOT BRING
- Expensive or non-waterproof cameras
- Any valuable that cannot get wet
- Alcoholic beverages
MINIMUM PARTICIPATION RESTRICTIONS
The Aquafari Culebra Day Trip requires a minimum of 6 guests. We will call you to discuss your options if the minimum is not met.
- This tour is designed for those already staying on Isla Culebra, and ferry tickets are not included. However, our guides will ride the ferry the same day as your tour. Please note that the service and route may be affected by changes made by the Puerto Rico Maritime Transportation Authority regarding travel schedules.
- The kayak and snorkel experience takes place in the open sea, so we do not recommend it for beginners. To enter the kayak, guests will use their upper body to get out of the water with the help of the guides.
- We reserve the right to change the order of the activities or cancel a part of the activities if the venue compromises your health or safety. We cannot forget that we are at the mercy of nature.
HEALTH & AGE RESTRICTIONS
- Not recommended for guests with:
- Pregnant women cannot participate.
- MAXIMUM WEIGHT: 250 pounds (113 kg) per person , 425 pounds(192kg) per kayak.
- MINIMUM AGE: 6 years old
- Not recommended for guests with:
Please notify us ahead of time if you have any physical condition.
AQUAFARI CULEBRA DAY TRIP
PRIVATE CAMERA SAFETY MEASURES
Do not risk your valuable property. We recommend you to keep it simple! Avoid bringing big SLR and non-waterproof cameras.
GUESTS ALREADY STAYING IN CULEBRA
Guests staying in Culebra Island must have their own transportation to meet at Tamarindo Beach at Check In time.